1. Fred the Wonder Chicken and I were talking about Paul Newman and how his death was such a great loss to our world.
Me: He was such a solid guy. He and his wife were married for so long.
FWC: Yeah. You know he was the one who coined the phrase, “Why go out for hamburger, when you have steak at home? He was a great man.”
Me: It’s so true, though.
Me: But – it’s okay to bring a little shrimp home once in a while isn’t it?
FWC: (Choked up) Your gonna’ make me cry, now.
Here, FWC is revealed for the first time. In an earlier shot, I asked the question, “Which one is Fred?” as two chickens were present. Now the whole world knows. Sorry Fred!
2. Of course, I had to qualify the shrimp statement by saying “I’m ALWAYS the steak.” And now that I am on the subject, let me just say, this is not something I’ve ever even done before. So, you old-school types can rest easy. I just pride myself in being open to new things, and well – I have a deep appreciation for beauty in women – and wow – there is a lot of it out there! So there you have it! I’m not crossing over to the other side or anything – just expressing myself. Besides, FWC brings out those quick-witted responses in me. He is so freakin’ hilarious, I can’t help myself! Plus – remember – Ms. Cheevious NEVER says anything she doesn’t mean. And hey – I mean it. I really like shrimp!
3. FWC quickly allayed my dire need to explain myself and be understood by saying, “I get it baby! Surf and Turf all the way!”
4. A few days later, I was making my Asian Spring rolls for FWC at my house. I had the mixture in the pan when he walked in and said with a happy voice, “Awe! You made shrimp!” and laughed. My Spring rolls, coincidentally, contain shrimp. “Of course I did!” I said, without missing a beat.
5. We were at a party another time after that, where a gal and I were having a good time dancing together. I think she was very serious about me – as opposed to me – I just love to play and have fun. She approached FWC, who exchanged a few words with her. Later, I said to him, “Just remember: I am always the STEAK.” He hugged me warmly and said, “You are ALL STEAK, baby.” Awe. A man after my own heart – calling me steak. He’s so romantic!
6. At the same party was a very cool couple – who I am pretty sure also liked me in that special way. I said to FWC, “Don’t they know I am always the steak? I can never be the shrimp?”
With that, I will leave you my pretties. Stay tuned next week when I think I will talk about a little dinner party with Spyglass and company (I haven’t decided yet. Who knows what it’ll be? I may even surprise myself!).
Have a beautiful, lovely weekend everyone!
Love you people!!! Mmmmmppphhhuuuuhhhhh!!!
Register to receive these posts via email by Clicking Here
Blog content copyright 2008, LISA JEY DAVIS a.k.a. Ms. Cheevious