So, the date was December 19, 2009. M.C. and I hosted a little holiday party at my place. It was awesome. People came and went. A couple of my clients stopped by, as well as some family… It was the usual holiday get-together. That is, until about 2:00 am.
That’s when all that remained were me, M.C. and a couple of our friends who decided to stick around and gab. At one point we decided to start taking photos to remember the evening.
I was the first designated photographer (and last – you’ll see why in a second). I moved in to get a great shot, and leaned over to get an even “better” angle of the three of them. I didn’t realize I was dangerously close to a taper candle M.C. lit earlier that evening.
My girlfriend gasped and said, “Lisa! Your hair’s, on fire!” I shrugged it off and patted it out… or so I thought, until she continued, “No! It’s REALLY on fire!”
Just then M.C. took two very large strides in my direction and somehow patted the flames out — VERY quickly. (Actually all of that happened in a matter of seconds).
That was it for the photo session! I ran to my bathroom to observe the damage, and believe it or not, there was NO VISIBLE DAMAGE? I am NOT kidding! That’s what I get for accommodating my friends and being the designated photog! Ha!
The only thing I can think of which may have prevented my hair from going “POOF!” and literally bursting into flames, however, is that I’d been using a new hair product for a while (that day and evening included). It was a heat protector to be used prior to flat-ironing your hair. I’d been in search of something like it for years, and when I found it a few months back, I immediately began to use it. It protects your hair up to 475 degrees, Fahrenheit. So – I am thinking it had to have some sort of FLAME RETARDANT in the mix! Ha ha! Is that CRAZY or WHAT?
So, here is a picture of me with some super imposed flames on my hair. I never got any pictures of myself that evening… as I mentioned! By the time we got around to taking photos, my hair burst into flames! HA HA!
I’m told this is how big the flame was (or at least this is how I imagined it based on the saucer-sized eye balls my girlfriend had)!!
What’s funny is that about a week later, my girlfriend called me up to tell me that I must have angels around me, because my whole head of hair was engulfed in flames, and there was NO damage. We were laughing about it. I told her about my little product, which, of course, she asked me to pick up for her the next time I saw it.
Fast forward to this past Wednesday. She was back at my house, prior to an event I was taking her to (she is also a client of mine). It was the People’s Choice Awards Post Celebration Party Benefiting Britticares (for kids with cancer). Long story short, I was still finishing up my “flat-iron” routine when she arrived, so she chatted with me while I finished up. My “product” was sitting on the counter, and I held it up to her. And I swear, it was the FIRST time I’d actually paid any attention to the name, but it was called “GUARDIAN ANGEL.” I kid you NOT. Pretty funny! We CRACKED UP at the fact that not only did I have angels around me, but I also had a GUARDIAN ANGEL – in a BOTTLE! Ha!
And – of course, without further adieu – here it is, my friends. My “Guardian Angel”:
Be sure to click this link and buy it now (shameless plug, I know).
So – we laughed and went off to enjoy a fabulous night at the People’s Choice Awards Post Celebration. It was a fantastic event, and my girl and another celebrity friend were photographed, interviewed, hit up for autographs – the whole shebang (sp?).
Whew! I’m SOOO glad I can take that one off the list! I now know what it’s like to be ON FIRE.
Have a fantastic weekend you marvelously gorgeous humans!
Love you people! Mmmmmmppphhuuuhhhhhh!!
Register to receive these posts via email!
Go to the Ms. Cheevious Home page, and enter your email address where it asks for it, then click subscribe. It’s that easy!