Okay. I just hate those lists. You know them – the Hot or Not, Who’s Who, Most Likely to Succeed, or whatever-you-can-think-of lists? In my opinion, they’re shallow, inhumane approaches to valuating people, based on lame sets of criteria, impossible to understand, follow or measure. Don’t you think? Well at least we all talk about how shallow and unscrupulous these types of lists are… just as we read them, cast our votes, make our own judgements, and tune in to our favorite tv show or results episode to see if we were “right.” I admit it. I’m guilty as charged. Though, I can’t say I’ve ever actually visited or voted at one of those Hot or Not websites. I am one of the most opinionated people I know, however. Just ask anyone who watches television with me. It doesn’t go without comments out-loud, like “Yeah, right. Like anybody would really do that!” or “BAD hair day!” or any other wisecrack you can think of. And I have tuned in to see and voted for the next American Idol on more than one occasion.
I’m sure there are pure, more serious-minded creatures out there who don’t even waste a glance at silly little trivialities such as these. But we’re not here for them, now are we?
But this last week, this whole thing came to mind, because my boyfriend has a gal-pal who’s a chef. He’s trying to get her to open a hip-cool night time spot in Moab. He said, “You know, she should have really hot waitresses like they do at Cantina in Aspen. Her place should have that. It should be a cool, hip place to go.” This only came about because his gal-pal asked if he would help out by waiting tables, to which he whooped a resounding “NO.” The problem is, I couldn’t picture one single “hot” waitress at the Cantina in Aspen. Not that they are ugly. They each have their own attractive factor. So, it actually made me proud of my boyfriend. He saw their hotness beyond what the media says is “hot.”
So, in the spirit of true shallow, degenerate, perverted, yet fun-spirited behavior, I’ve compiled a very unique HOT OR NOT list. This one contains just a few women that strike me as – well, something – one way or the other. I think they are “hot or not” ha ha. But this is a REAL WOMAN’S LIST. I’ve got a good mix of sexy, beautiful, smart, powerful, you name it.
On a side note: this list also came about while reading USA Today this week, and observing some of the wicked-harsh comments made about Cindy McCain’s looks. I raised an eyebrow at the comments some in the media have made, which sounded so childish and petty. I am not even necessarily a McCain supporter, but veer more toward someone who did not or could not, in my opinion, make this list. But I provided a link to the article where McCain is listed below. I just thought it was unfair, so she made the list. I thought it’d also be interesting to see what the REAL pundits say.
But YOU decide! Remember, “HOT” can come from many places: brains, power, balls or moxxy, the hip-factor, or just plain sexy/beautiful.
Copy and paste my list (complete list without photos at the bottom) into your reply and rank them with “1” being the highest. If I get a lot of replies, then next week, I’ll post your HOT OR NOT list. If not, I’ll just post them based on what I like! BUT JUST TO BE CLEAR: I don’t have these in any specific order. But, here they are, with photos. Remember, the list alone is at the bottom for you to cut and paste.
1. Cindy McCain.
6. Margaret Ekpo – Nigerian Politician
10. My Mother – Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood – A mother of 11 children, a Cancer, Stroke, COPD and more-than-one-car-accident survivor, as well as HOT MOM. I guess you can assume where she may rank on my list! But REMEMBER: She is EVERY MOTHER.
Here’s your list to copy/paste and arrange in your HOT or NOT order. #1 is THE HOTTEST:
Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood
As for me: I’m Always Hot Baby! heh heh. I’ve just been settling into the relaxing, fun, adventurous life in Moab for a short spell before I move to my new place in LA. I’ll let you know the progress on those last three pounds when I’ve completed my move and can make heads or tales of what/when/why I’m eating! ha ha!
Have a fantastic week! And don’t forget this: YOU ARE HOT.[digg=http://digg.com/celebrity/Hot_or_Not_THIS]
Blog content copyright 2008, LISA JEY DAVIS a.k.a. Ms. Cheevious
Maureen Veto says
Ms. Cheevious you are so amazing.
I just wanted you to know that.
Love and strength always,
Girly Girl says
This is great! Here are my pics, and why:
1. Audrey Hepburn (because she died leaving a great legacy of beauty and hotness, while still being classy).
2. Your Mom (because she’s still alive after having 11 kids. That’s HOT).
3. Margaret Ekpo (because she’s gorgeous and it takes something special to make it over there).
4. Ali McGraw (I love this one. It’s an unconventional choice, but I still remember her from Love Story, and she was HOT).
5. Meryl Streep (she’s just brilliant).
6. Michelle Pfeiffer (now we are getting to more conventional, and she’s INCREDIBLY HOT, so #6 seems unfair, but hey… she’s got the looks, what does she care).
7. Jessica Alba (gorgeous, ray of sunshine and sexy too. Cool Hotness).
8. Angelina Jolie (weirdness at times. Finding and marrying – did they marry? Brad made her seem normal – but her hot looks landed her here).
9. Cindy McCain (great that she brings a bit of class and energy to the “wives of” category – but she’s not that hot).
10. Paris Hilton (YUCK! She shouldn’t even be on this impressive list).
1. Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood: Your mom is definitely hot! In lots of ways.
2. Margaret Ekpo: Way to go; a powerful woman in a male dominated country
3. Michelle Pfeiffer: Just because I liked her in “Stardust”–it’s consoling to see a gorgeous older woman
4. Meryl Streep, Cindy McCain: (can’t choose)
5. Audrey Hepburn
6. Angelina Jolie: (oui, très jolie)
7. Jessica Alba
8. Paris Hilton
Here’s another one for you:
Marjane Satrapi, author of the graphic novel Persepolis, about growing up during the Iranian Revolution. She had to go off to Europe when she was in her young teens, has had an amazing life so far. Very cool as a person and pretty dang hot as a woman, too.
Outstanding addition! I will definitely look her up. Thanks so much Francesca. And I love your list.
Thanks Girly Girl! I won’t comment on Paris yet, as I don’t want to give away my own list. hee hee
1. Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood – because she is my hot momma too!
2. Audrey Hepburn – her legacy and class
3. Cindy McCain – she maintains class amidst continual criticize and the medias ploys
4. Margaret Ekpo – a strong woman in a mans world
5. Meryl Streep – she’s tough
6. Ali McGraw
7. Michelle Pfeiffer
8. Jessica Alba
9. Angelina Jolie – she stole a womans husband, granted he cheated on his wife
10.Paris Hilton – has done nothing on her own with the power she could have had
steph k. says
here’s my list:
1. me (well, i have to put myself first, right?
not because of vanity…rather pride in
2. all of my truly wonderful & hot girlfriends!
3. professional women athletes…for empowering
young girls everywhere to become whatever
it is they dream of.
(paris hilton is disgusting)
Steph! You are too funny! A renegade to the end! Your list won’t make our results, but it’s a GOOD one! Thanks! 🙂
Here’s my list, and I’m sticking to it. Mine are in order by top being hottest:
Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood
Hm, I’m afraid I’m no good at ranking sometimes. So you’re going to get a more detailed explanation.
Cindy McCain – I don’t know enough about her personality but I lean toward “not”.
Meryl Streep – Wicked smart. Hot.
Michelle Pfeiffer – I’ll be her C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R any day. Hot.
Ali McGraw – Never did it for me. Though Segal (author of Love Story) did her many favors.
Angelina Jolie – Never thought she was hot until Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Then,…I understood. So I’m going with Hot, despite her leanings toward trashy.
Margaret Ekpo – I don’t know enough about her. She could be hot. Or not.
Paris Hilton – Not.
Audrey Hepburn – Hot.
Jessica Alba – Warm. I don’t think she’s *hot* but she’s attractive. I say that but I’m quite sure that if I saw her in a bar, she’d be the woman I focused on. Unless Angelina was there. Or Plush.
Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood – I’m nobody’s fool. Hot.
At last I’m wise enough (and HOT enough!) to determine hotness on my own terms and not society’s! With that said, here’s my list:
1. Nereide Frances Padalino Sherwood (as the daughter of a cancer surviving mom, I know your mom rocks!)
2. Margaret Ekpo (Strength, brains and cojones…totally hot)
3. Audrey Hepburn…the epitome of grace, beauty and charm
4. Meryl Streep (not the average beauty, but a true sexiness that comes from within)
5. Cindy McCain (she’ll get enough cheap shots…anyone who can take it gets a vote for hotness)
6. Michelle Pfeiffer
7. Angelina Jolie (ok…maybe she’s not the wisest woman in the world, but, hey, look at her…she IS hot!)
8. Ali McGraw
9. Jessica Alba
10. Paris Hilton (yuck…just because you make “that’s hot” trendy…doesn’t make you hot)
Thanks for your input Random – honest as ever. Makes it difficult for me to add yours into the mix, but I’ll do my best!
Anghere – excellent list, thanks!