Lingerie…. Football, That Is
Okay, okay! I know you are wondering if I went for it this past Saturday and tried out for the Los Angeles Temptation (the LA team in the Lingerie Football League) at their open tryouts. I expressed my concerns (as to whether they might just laugh and tell me to go home, etc.) in my last post, “Lingerie Football League… To Tryout or Not.” And the answer is…..
I did it. Yep!
I went on Saturday, with borrowed cleats that were a half size too small (ouch), got in line, got my number (#111), and did what I could. Here are my quick notes on the day, and I’ll let you get straight to the video:
- There were about 130 girls I believe – all around the average age of 22.
- There were some exceptional athletes, some of them returning players from last year (#112, Nikki, actually played four games last year for the LA Temptation, but had to drop out early).
- Because the league is new, and continues to gain momentum and recognition and respect, the bar is raised every year on the athletic talent they expect and recruit – so even the current team members have to try out again – even though the current team members won their Superbowl.
- It’s tough to sprint in cleats (note to self for next time), especially a half size too small, and on uneven grass. HA!
- They watched the girls throughout the day, and if they were not up to par, they tapped them out and sent them home.
- I did not get tapped. Me and about 64 other girls didn’t get tapped. HA!
- The plan is for the league and team to go back, review everyone’s scores and probably their looks, and choose TEN girls from those who remained, to go on to the next level.
- I am sure I was the oldest one there, but I didn’t feel like it. I felt really great, and just finishing the day without being cut made me very proud of myself — almost unbearable to live with – mwaaah ha ha haaaaa.
- My man, coach and FOOTBALL mentor (since I’d never really even tried to throw or catch a football, nor did I know anything about the drills, etc… until just last week), was there every step of the way, cheering, photographing and taking video for all of you to see.
So without further delay, enjoy this little montage in honor of my tryout. After I finished editing it, and posted it to Youtube, I thought perhaps it looked a bit over-the-top. You know? Like, all-about-MEEEEEE? And I suppose it probably does. But you know what? TOUGH TOAST. I am the one who’s banged up here. I think we can let this one slide. HA!
If you receive this post via email, and cannot (for some reason) see the video box above, click on this link. But be sure to come back and post a comment here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0Qum7YHUs
Note: In the closing credits, I called myself “Tryer-Outer #1″ because I was the first one to show up on the video… that’s usually how it’s done… I didn’t do it in reference, obviously, to the number I was assigned for that day.
So there you have it! My big day! The best news is, if I really want to seriously train and tryout again, with better speed, agility, etc… I will have another chance right before training camp in late July or August! Yayyyyy!!
Have a fantastic week you sporto’s out there. Go get some exercise!
Love you people!! Mmmmmmmmpppphhhuuuuhhhhhh!!!
Register to receive these posts via email!
Go to the Ms. Cheevious Home page, and enter your email address where it asks for it, then click subscribe. It’s that easy!
Leave a Reply