“A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end”—and in the meantime it is good to drink vodka.
or whiskey… bourbon… wine… tequila…
~ The Nugget
Great title for a Ms. Cheevious article, eh? When Ms. Suzie Aboueid, Single Dating Diva herself agreed to be a guest contributor here and I read her article which was all about the importance of laughter, and laughing at ourselves… well, I was sold. How does vodka fit in? Oh my darlings, vodka ALWAYS fits in. Read on.
All kidding (and vodka) aside, laughing truly is something I do more often than just about anything else. And that is no joke. Ask around and you’ll find that to many, laughter is synonymous with Ms. Cheevious. Enjoy.
Ms. Cheevious, Editor in (Mis) Chief
Life is full of challenges but it’s also full of so much beauty. Each day we are faced with experiences that can either make or ruin our day. We all know that, right?
Here’s an idea … what if we were to see everything that comes our way in a positive light? No, I haven’t had one too many glasses of wine or shots of vodka. I have given this a lot of thought, and I believe everything that happens to us, good or bad, ends up for our good one way or another. Not all lessons can be easy ones, can they? If we look at things positively – maybe even laugh more often with our friends and family – and at ourselves, our mistakes or missteps, then perhaps, just perhaps, every experience we have, good or bad, can turn into a positive one.
I’ll tell you why.
Laughter is Good For You!
Countless studies have been done to prove the benefits of laughter to human health. Laughing feels good and makes others around you feel good. It also helps heal you inside and out. Could laughter also be the long sought after fountain of youth? Well, when I saw an article about looking to children as role models for laughter it made me think twice. That same article mentioned that research has proven
“laughter reduces levels of stress hormones such as cortisol, epinephrine, and dopamine; increases health-enhancing hormones (such as endorphins), neurotransmitters, and infection-fighting antibodies; and improves blood flow to the heart–all resulting in greater relaxation and resistance to disease, as well as improved mood and positive outlook.”
Now that’s a great reason to laugh isn’t it?
Laughter Makes You More Attractive
Look at it this way, who do you gravitate towards? People who smile and laugh or the Eeyore’s of the world? Who wants to be around negative people? Not me! I know, I know, we all have THOSE kinds of days, and that’s completely OK, but, it’s not OK when we have them all the time. Make yourself more appealing by having a great sense of humor.
Go on, flash that sexy smile of yours!
C’mon, let’s see it!
I know it’s in there somewhere!
There you go! That wasn’t so hard was it??
I’m going to let you in on a little Single Dating Diva secret, if you’re single and dating this is one of the most important weapons in your dating arsenal (just make sure there’s nothing in your teeth!). It also benefits just about everyone… think job interviews, social situations, even family gatherings. You’ll become someone people want to be around when you laugh more. You not only show yourself to have a good sense of humor, you also give the impression that you don’t take yourself too seriously. So, go on, laugh dammit, laugh!
Laughing At Yourself
We’ve all had those days that just go all wrong. Think about those days when you walk into a pole, or trip and fall in front of the hottest man or woman… or your boss. How about when you drop your coffee on your new outfit and have to stay that way all day? I think we should take Jennifer Lawrence’s Oscar trip and her interview with reporters as an example. What did she do? Get back up, laugh at herself, not take herself seriously. How did people react? They LOVED it and her!! That whole situation could have gone completely differently with her being upset and angry and embarrassed. She could have taken it out on others as well and made others uncomfortable, but she didn’t. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect or beyond the challenges of every day life. How we take it and react to it makes all the difference in the world.
When life throws you a punch, get up, dust yourself off and say “good one” and laugh. Just laugh. When you make a mistake in front of others, say “oops sorry” and laugh it off. It will make them take it more lightly as well. You know what? Here’s another little secret, it makes you look like a more resilient person with a good head on your shoulders.
Laughter makes you feel good, laughter makes you look good and laughter improves your life. So, why don’t we do it more often? I have a challenge for you (and myself) – laugh every day at least 10 times a day – even if you don’t feel like it – laugh. Just laugh. Right now. C’mon, let’s do it together. Laugh … ha ha ha ha ….
There, that feels better already, doesn’t it? Good!
How do YOU bring laughter into your every day lives (even when you don’t feel like it)? I would love to hear from you in the comments!!
Your Sister in Dating (and Laughing) Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
That’s it you gorgeous men & women. Now, please give Ms. Diva a ton of love in the form of comments, and I’ll see you next week with a yummy prize, and perhaps a video my lovers.
Love you people! Mmmmppphhhuuuhhh!!!
Editor in [Mis]Chief
Register to receive blog posts via email on the Ms. Cheevious Home page (top of right column). Be sure to confirm when you receive your verification email!
Click the image to vote:
Check out the Ms. Cheevious boutique on Zazzle:
ASK MS. CHEEVIOUS
Have a question that is burning a hole in your brain about Ms. Cheevious…anything she does, her work, the book…life in general… or you want advice about a very important matter – go to our contact page & ASK AWAY.
Your question may be featured in an Ask Ms. Cheevious video segment!
WE WOULD LOVE TO REVIEW YOUR TECHY PRODUCTS IN MS. CHEEVIOUS’ TECHNO-BABE MOMENTS! GOT ONE?
FOLLOW MS. CHEEVIOUS IN ALL OF THESE GREAT PLACES:
Single Dating Diva is an award-winning blog from dating expert Suzie dedicated to single people everywhere! It showcases the many adventures she has (don’t we all?) and how challenging, but also exciting dating really is! She shares her dating stories as well as those of others. With experience comes wisdom and she also shares some lessons learned along the way helping others through her consulting service. WINNER of Best Overall Dating Blog and Named one of the 10 BEST Women’s Dating Experts! You can find her at http://singledatingdiva.com and make sure to follow her on Twitter @SingleDatingDiv and like her page on FaceBook.
All Blog content copyright 2012, LISA JEY DAVIS aka Ms. Cheevious
The title of this article is literal. I really do want to know whether you embody all of the qualities of mischief, therefore making you a Ms. Cheevious girl or guy. But in asking the question “Are you Ms. Cheevious?” it makes me think of what would be a very clever slant to another article. That article would tell you all about how I was asked by an adoring fan whether I was the real Ms. Cheevious. Isn’t that just simply fabulous? Just the idea! But that means “Ms. Cheevious” would have to be super uber famous. So we’ll reserve that story for a day when the mysterious moniker of “Ms. Cheevious” is super uber famous. I can dream, can’t I? After all, unless people read the blog regularly, watch the videos on YouTube, follow on Facebook or actually click the pics on my Twitter profile, how would they really know what I look like? I use one of my paintings as my Avatar, for goddsakes! It could happen. The Ms. Cheevious avatar could become more famous than the me underneath and behind it all. Ahhhh, that’ll be the day people… and mark my words people, that day is coming. I’ll use this article title again. It will be the one and only time I will allow the use of a title more than once. But I digress.
As to the real question of “Are YOU Ms. Cheevious?” well, I can help you out there. If you possess at least two of the below listed qualities of mischief, then you my dear are indeed a Ms. Cheevious guy or girl. Welcome to the fold.
But first, the definition (with Ms. Cheevious modifications, of course):
Synonyms: naughty – impish – prankish – playful – wicked – rascally – puckish
1. You never get hangovers. It’s true. I’m told I have some extra enzyme in my blood that enables me to drink without getting hangovers (except on rare occasions – like this past Saturday night – hangover #2 in my entire life – when you mix Jameson’s Irish Whiskey, Coffee, Chardonnay, vodka martini, vodka tonics and “The Killer” from the Firehouse in Venice Beach (Vodka, Peach Liqueur, and Arnold Palmer – Iced Tea and Lemonade)). The rare times you do get a hangover, it is a god-send. Otherwise, you would drink way too much, and all the time.
2. You have “blonde moments”. You do not have to be blonde to have these moments. This is true if you have ever phoned or texted someone and not recalled doing so (and not while tipsy), gone searching for your purse that was hanging on your arm all along (sunglasses sitting on your head, keys already in your hand – you get the picture), or forgotten where you parked, and were late to the next event because of it.
3. You are naughty AND nice. To you, all really IS fair in love and war. You love breaking the rules, but not if it’s going to hurt someone else.
4. Your middle name is “Trouble”. You don’t just have a fondness for causing trouble. It’s on your calling card. And your reputation precedes you. If there is fun to be had, and frivolity can possibly ensue, you are there to be sure the fun IS had by all, and frivolity commences immediately. You even have some friends who refuse to spend too much time with you, for fear this sort of “trouble” will rub off on them.
5. People feel good around you. You know how to make people feel special, and you derive much pleasure from doing so. You’ve been told that you make someone important feel good, calm, loved. This is key.
6. You have minions. Yes. If you have “people” who will make things happen for you, for others (on your behalf), for themselves (on your behalf — that’s the best one), then you have minions. Use them in good health.
7. You dress to impress. To impress yourself, your loves in life… whatever. You care.
8. You’re sexy and you know it. You should have written the song, not LMFAO. It should be your mantra. Party Rockin’ in the House Tonight! Yes. You are comfortable in your own skin. You feel sexy, therefore you are sexy. You know how to take care of yourself, and you do it. But you also know how to cut loose and enjoy every moment. Which leads me to the last item.
9. You Enjoy Every Moment. This means you will get the absolute most out of every single moment life has to offer. And it’s not up for debate, like “what about if someone dies?” Because… really? If someone dies? Everyone dies people. No one gets out of this thing alive. The trick is to enjoy every moment while you are still alive. If there is a time to cry, by GOD you will cry your heart out and get the most out that too. Enjoy.
Love you people! Mmmmmphhhuuuhhhhh!!!!!
Register to receive my blog posts via email on the Ms. Cheevious Home page. Be sure to confirm when you receive your verification email!
All Blog content copyright 2012, LISA JEY DAVIS aka Ms. Cheevious