I See Ugly People!
So, I was reading an article entitled “Breaking News: Well-Known Women are Actual People Underneath Their Makeup” on one of my favorite blog sites, all about how famous women have suddenly started to brave the cameras, paparazzi and even the spreads of national magazines null and void of any and all concealer, powder, mascara, hairspray — anything… It was an article talking about a recent People Magazine (or some other such rag) article, and how there was a huge amount of harsh backlash and mean comments about the article and the women (most notable here: Hillary Clinton and Zooey Deschanel). So I was interested to explore this subject, and dug in. While reading the article and observing a few of the most talked about photos, it occurred to me: I don’t like looking at these people that way.
Make it stop.
I give up. I don’t want to “explore” this subject any more than to tell you why this should never happen again.
Here is my list as to why I think it’s preposterous to make this into a “THING”:
1. Women look *REALLY* good when they haute-up. Just sayin’. I’m one to talk, as a person who barely sports face powder on a regular basis. But I still maintain that a little somethin’ somethin’ is all it takes sometimes to hide major blemishes from the world. ESPECIALLY when I’m posing for photos, going out to greet my adoring fans (HA), or appearing in front of an audience.
2. It’s almost as if these women waited until they were a) on their period and had menstrual induced breakouts, b) having the worst hair day of record, or c) were pre-pubecently OOgly with acne and all that entails. Hell, we’d ALL be ugly on those days. Which leads me to number 3.
3. I don’t want to see that. My boyfriend doesn’t NEED to see that. You don’t want to see that. Also… my own FRIENDS and FAMILY don’t want to see me looking my worst. Even I don’t try that at home people. And admit it. We kinda LIKE our idea of these women as they are when they’re made up.
4. Why let all the snappy technology of today go to waste? Hello? It’s there people, for the taking. Makeups, creams, hair tonics, oh the glorious hair tonics. They’re everywhere and almost FREE in some forms and locations. Get them while you can and use them while there is still time. PLEASE.
5. I know there will be those naysayers out there who are proponents of this new “THING.” “I think they look lovely and show courage coming out without a stitch of makeup. No one does that in Hollywood or in political office… blah freaking blah…” You can say that all you want, but I DARE any of these women to show up on camera for their SHOW or to a GALA without a stitch. That’s the point. They won’t. Why? Because getting adorned makes them look their best. So, you naysayers… here, you may make your point, but only if you are known to never shave your legs/armpits, shower, wear makeup, perfume or hair products, and at that – you still look FABULOUS and could go like that to the most important occasion of your life. Then, and only then will we bow before the idea of dolling up without products.
Because isn’t that the point? Shouldn’t we view every waking moment as one of the most important, even possibly one of the last moments of our lives? Shouldn’t we see how we look for our close friends and family as extremely important as well? Not that we have to shellack our faces and hair every day, but geez, put a little effort in. Show those in your lives you care. Would ya?
Tune in next time for a fabulous and tantalizing tale of two dates… or maybe something entirely different.
Love you people!!!!! Mmmmppphhhuuuhhh!!!!
WATCH the related video: http://youtu.be/ObPV0ejuOXo
Register to receive my blog posts via email on the Ms. Cheevious Home page. Be sure to confirm when you receive your verification email!
BECOME ONE OF MY MANY FOLLOWERS (MWAH HA HA HA) IN ALL OF THESE GREAT PLACES:
All Blog content copyright 2012, LISA JEY DAVIS aka Ms. Cheevious